Cable Cutters (Modified)
Modified Cable Cutters
These cutters have been modified for ease of use while wearing gloves. Webbing around the handles allows you to be able to loop them around your arm so you do not have to put your pliers down so you do not lose them in zero viz situations.
Cable Shears are ideal for cutting copper and aluminum cables, including both single and multiple wires. The precision ground, hardened blades provide an easy, clean, precise cut without damaging, crushing, or deforming the cable. Crafted from high-grade special tool steel, these shears offer easy cutting with one hand and include a pinch and slip guard to maximize safety during the job. They also feature an adjustable bolted joint paired with a self-locking screw to minimize effort on workpieces.
These cutters weigh in under 9 ounces and are very easy to use with the spring-loaded option.
- For cutting copper and aluminum single conductors as well as multiple-stranded cables
- Clean and smooth cut without crushing and deformation
- Not suitable for steel wire and hard-drawn copper conductors
- Precision-ground, hardened blades
- Easy cutting with one-hand operation
- With guard
- Adjustable bolted joint, self-retaining screw
- Internal opening spring, protected and captive
- High-grade special tool steel, forged, oil-hardened
- Shears: burnished
- Handles: plastic coated
- Weight: 215 g
- Dimensions: 165 x 42 x 14 mm (6.5" x 1.65" x 0.55")
- REACH compliant: does not contain SVHC
- RoHS compliant: not applicable
- Cutting capacity copper cable, multiple-strandedCutting capacity copper cable, multiple-stranded: 50 mm² (1.96")
- AWG: 1 / 0
These cutters have a bit of a smaller head than expected but I think it should get the job done still. I really like the spring loaded one hand use. I appreciate the added paracord for locking of the cutters and the webbing attached to the handle. Time will tell how they hold up.
Great product, well put together and modified. These fit nicely in a Scott RIT-Pak III. The handle works perfectly over a gloved hand and the lock is easy to unlock and use.
Great product! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good cutter in their gear!
Absolutely great product would highly recommend
It was recommended to me to have two pairs of cutters in my bunkers so I purchased these. The added webbing makes them easy to identify when in my gloves and the spring loaded action is great as well. Very happy thank you!
Some products might take longer to ship. If a product takes longer to ship we put this info in the product description.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please not that Coastal Fire Training is not responsible for shipping address errors. All orders are shipped to the exact address provided at checkout. If there is an error made and your package is returned you will be charged for reshipment.**